Ontario conducted a new draw on May 23rd 2018 to attract Skilled Trades candidates, and 30 candidates received Notifications in the EE Skilled Trades stream. This was the 14th draw to be held in 2018, in the OINP stream. Furthermore the total Notifications for 2018 now is 727. This draw, considered the EE profiles submitted between Jan 1st and May 23rd only for issuing the NOIs. There are no minimum point’s requirements for the draw in the Skilled Trades stream.
The Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream targets skilled trades workers in the construction and agricultural sectors, but could be expanded in the future.
Moreover, in order to qualify the applicants must possess:
• A Pending application in the EE system;
• 12 months of continuous and paid cumulative work experience, in the last two years before your NOI in 633, or groups 72, 73 or 82;
• Evidence of Ontario license/certification, if it is a norm for the occupation;
• A work permit, and the applicant needs to be resident of Ontario while applying;
• English/French level of CLB 5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking;
• Evidence of settlement funds, for covering self and dependents, as per the minimum amount fixed by official Low Income Cut-Offs
The OINP began to publish details of draws since Jan 2018. It is the result of the province signing an agreement on immigration with federal government at the end of 2017. The previous draw was held on May 16th, 2018 and in it 45 NOIs were issued to candidates who had submitted their profiles between Jan 1 and May 16, 2018. Ontario also conducts French Speaking Skilled Worker, Human Capital Priorities, and Entrepreneur Stream draws also.
Ontario Notifications issued in 2018
|Human Capital Priorities Stream (HCP)||2,587|
|French Speaking Skilled Worker Stream (FSSW)||502|
|Skilled Trades Stream (ST)||727|
The province is accepting applications for these streams.
Status of Ontario Streams
|Human Capital Priorities (Express Entry)||Open|
|French-Speaking Skilled Worker (Express Entry)||Open|
|Skilled Trades (Express Entry)||Open|
|Employer Job Offer||Open|
|International Student (Masters Graduate)||Closed|
|International Student (PhD Graduate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Corporate)||Open|
|Investor Immigration (Entrepreneur)||Open|