The Canadian Government has decided to increase the number of applications to accept for processing during the present year in its canada The effect will be the addition of 7,000 to the existing 10,000.
There was a Ministerial Instruction issued to this effect from Ahmed Hussen, Immigration Minister, Canada.
This development comes after an IRCC announcement, in this week regarding resuming the invitations potential sponsors. They had in the past submitted an Interest to Sponsor form during the last Sponsoring period between Jan 2nd and Feb 1st, 2018.
These instructions mention that with the increase in number of applications for this year to 17,000 will support in attaining the immigration goals of the Canadian Government. Additionally it will reunite families in Canada.
The same random selection process will be used in case of issuing additional invitations which was used in the earlier invitations of this year.
Sponsors receiving the invitation to apply will get 60 days from the date of receiving the invitation for submitting the complete application. Furthermore this Parents and Grandparents Program is is a fine initiative in Canada’s Family Class sponsorship. It also permits successful applicants to submit the application for permanent residence for their parents as well as grandparents.
Eligibility Norms to sponsor the Parents/Grandparents to Become PR Applicants are:
- An age of 18 years and
- Being a Canadian citizen or PR of Canada.
The sponsors of parents and grandparents to reach Canada as a permanent resident must:
- Support the person and dependents financially,
- Meet the essential income level for the program through submitting notice of assessment that is issued by the Canadian Revenue Agency supporting their sponsorship.
- Sponsors need to show that they meet the minimum necessary income level for the past three consecutive years.; and
- The sponsor and relative must sign sponsorship agreement of committing the sponsor to provide financial support for 20 years.
Potential sponsors living in Quebec need also meeting the requirements of Quebec immigration sponsorship after IRCC approval.